For more information on validation requirements, please see the applying for planning permission page.
All planning applications, other than those for renewal of time-limited permissions, general permitted development orders (GPDOs - see GPDO criteria), notifications, advertisement consent and lawful development certificates, require the submission of a validation questionnaire which will identify all documents needed before validation:
- Full validation questionnaire
- Householder validation questionnaire
(for use if your application is for an extension or alteration to a dwelling, including the erection of extensions, garages and other domestic outbuildings, walls, fences and so on)
- Listed building consent validation questionnaire
Full details of the information shown as required on the validation questionnaire can be found on our statutory national information requirements page, our local information requirements page, or by contacting the Senior Planning Technician email@example.com phone 01969 652345.
Planning application fees
Further information is given on our Fees and charges page.
Please note that an administration charge will be made on incomplete applications which are returned to the applicant. The charge is 10% of the planning fee, up to a maximum of £50.
You can apply for planning permission online using the Planning Portal. This allows you to complete the application form, pay the Planning Application Fee and attach required documentation. When making your planning application, provide as much information as you can. Otherwise your permission may be subject to a condition/conditions, which will need additional approval (discharging). This can take a further eight weeks and may incur a fee.
The following applications cannot be applied for through the Planning Portal, please download and complete the forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Notification for Prior Approval for a Change of Use from Shops (Class A1), Financial and Professional Services (Class A2), Betting Offices, Pay Day Loan Shops and Casinos (Sui Generis Uses) to Restaurants and Cafés (Class A3)
- Notification for Prior Approval for the Installation, Alteration or Replacement of other Solar Photovoltaics (PV) equipment on the Roofs of Non-domestic Buildings, up to a Capacity of 1 Megawatt
- Application form to modify or discharge a planning obligation (Section 106)
ONLY use this form if the planning obligation was entered into between 25 October 1991 and 6 April 2010 or for obligations after 6 April 2010, more than 5 years has elapsed since the agreement was entered into.
Pre-application enquiry forms
For more information on receiving advice about your proposed development, please see the planning advice service page.